CJ Scarlet knows first-hand how violence can destroy lives. A survivor of sexual assault as a college freshman and as a US Marine, CJ took her power back and became an advocate for others who had been victimized. She is the author of The Badass Girl’s Guide: Uncommon Strategies to Outwit Predators. In this motivating, heart-warming, and humorous presentation, author and victim’s advocate CJ Scarlet will share how you can use your three “super powers” of boundaries, intuition, and moxy to protect yourself and those you care about from criminal predators. CJ will also share her inspiring story of being healed from a terminal illness and reveal the secrets to a joyful life that she learned in the process.
Tuesday, April 24th 7 p.m.
Hosted by Mid-Atlantic Christian University
Albert Blanton III Campus Life Ctr., 715 N Poindexter St, Elizabeth City, NC
Suggested donations of $20 (adults) and $10 (students) requested for
Albemarle Hopeline. Donations not required to attend!
Sponsors: Global Recruiters Network (GRN) of Elizabeth City
Thompson & Pureza Law Firm, Elizabeth City
Rhonda Twiddy — Realtor / Broker, Long & Foster Real Estate
Cascade Financial Planning — J. David Simpson CFP, Elizabeth City
Speaker Accommodations provided by The Culpepper Inn, Elizabeth City
Ongoing Weekly and Monthly Events
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 9:15-10:15 a.m. Study on the book of Acts
- Morning Prayer and Bible Reading: Monday-Saturday 7 a.m. at the church.
- Men’s Prayer Group: Tuesdays 7 a.m. Grouper’s Restaurant
- Choir Practice: Wednesdays at 7pm.
- Monday Morning Prayer Group: 9:30 –11:30 a.m. at the Surface’s. 1614 Crescent Dr, Eliz City.
- Teen Discipleship — Sunday from 6 to 7:30 pm. 722-4212 Rachael Surface
- Big Kids Discipleship (4th-7th grades) Sunday from 6:15—7:15 pm at the Stephans’ house: 106 Pinelake Dr, Eliz City. 333-4797
- Kuhl Home Group: Alternate Mondays at 6 p.m. 1506 East Penny Dr. Eliz City.
- Witwer Home Group: Every other Thursday at 7 p.m. 304 Breezewood Dr. ElizCity
- Lectio Divina Hour (Divine Reading)—Wednesdays 5:45-6:45 p.m. (Does not meet the 1st Wed. of the month due to SOULS feeding) The book of Revelation
- Healing Service — 1st Tuesday of the month at 7pm.
- SOULS Feeding— First Wednesday of each month at 5:30 pm.
- World Missions: Sunday, March 4th: Guest Preacher: Missionary Rev. Bob Chambers with Wycliffe Bible Translators
- NEW—Grasping God’s Word — New Bible Study Group. Contact Tim Gravgaard: firstname.lastname@example.org (See below for more information)
- NEW — The Practice of Ministry: 3rd Tuesday of the month 6 p.m. Teaching and training to learn and practice the disciplines of Christian ministry.
Live Safely and Confidently in a Scary World with CJ Scarlet: In this motivating, heart-warming, and humorous presentation, author and victim advocate CJ Scarlet will share how you can use your three “super powers” of boundaries, intuition, and moxy to protect yourself and those you care about from criminal predators. Tuesday, April 24th, 7 pm at MACU’s Chapel., Poindexter St. Eliz. City. Donations to benefit Albemarle Hopeline. Presented by Church of the Redeemer. Sponsored by GRN Recruiting Elizabeth City, Rhonda Twiddy — Long & Foster Real Estate Elizabeth City, Pureza and Teague Law Office Elizabeth City. Hosted by Mid-Atlantic Christian University. Speaker accomodations provided by The Culpepper Inn Elizabeth City.
Albemarle Teen Challenge Fundraising Banquet:Come and celebrate life transformation with our students, families and community at our 2018 Annual 2 Nights of Banquets! 1st night Friday April 27th 2018 at 6:30pm. 2nd night Saturday April 28th 2018 at 6:00pm.
Albemarle Teen Challenge will be ministering at Church of the Redeemer at our 8 & 10:30 a.m. services on Sunday June 17th. Plan to come and be blessed by this wonderful ministry.
Roberto & Cameron Vivanco, missionaries in Ecuador, will be visiting and ministering at Church of the Redeemer on Sunday July 8th at our 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. services.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O LORD. Psalm 36:6
“The godly care for their animals” Proverbs 12:10
On the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m., Church of the Redeemer will host a Holy Communion Service for Healing. All who come will be invited to receive healing prayers for themselves or loved ones. The service will include Scripture readings, a sermon, prayers, Holy Communion, songs and ministry. Everyone is welcome to come.
We also offer times of healing prayers during our Sunday services on the Third Sunday of each month.
We believe that God loves, listens and heals.